- Name: XTERRA Appalachia
- Date:August 4th, 2013
- Location: Yellow Creek State Park, PA
- National Qualifying Race: XTERRA Points Series
- Race Registration: Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM at Day Use Beach Area at Yellow Creek.
- Last Minute Registration and Packet Pickup:Sunday Aug. 4th 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- Pre-Race Ride:Course will be marked by 2:00 PM and there will be a guided ride at 4:00 PM
- Transition Opens:6:00 AM
- Pre-Race Briefing:8:30 AM at Registration Tent
- Race Starts: Sunday, August 4th, 2013 9:00 AM
- Race Ends: Sunday, August 4th, 2013 Whenever
- Distance: 800 meters (swim), 13 miles (mountain biking), 4 miles (trail running)
- Disciplines: Swimming, mountain biking, trail running.
- Categories: Male: 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+, and Clydesdale. Female: 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+, and Athena. Challenged Athletes.
- Included: Race shirts, awards, SWAG, pizza, awesome FREE raffle for all racers and volunteers (including a BIKE donated by ShopAdventureSports.com).
- USAT Membership/ License: Racers who are members of USAT must provide proof of membership and membership number. Racers who are not USAT members may purchase a one-day license at packet pickup/registration. One-Day License are $12 for adults and $10 for anyone 17 and under. Racers may also purchase one-day licenses online but must provide proof of purchase at registration/packet pick up.
- You may register electronically and view pricing for this event by clicking the IAMATHLETE,ACTIVE.COM or EVENTBRITE event registration buttons below.
- You may also register by printing and mailing or emailing us the THIS FORM
ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT THE RACE:
- SWIM: 800 Meters. The average water temperature is 82˚F. The swim will be marked with buoys and athletes will swim in a clock-wise direction, with the buoys on their right. DNCR life guards will be stationed at intervals along the swim in kayaks. For safety reasons, racers MUST pass through the head count chute before the start of the race and after the completion of the swim.
- MOUNTAIN BIKE: 13 miles. The mountain bike course is a combination of fire roads, single track trail, and some park roads. Terrain is rolling and typical of western Pennsylvania. There is some challenging single track, a creek crossing, and some daring lung-busting climbs and bombing down hills. Technical difficulty is about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. The bike course will be marked with the BLUE XTERRA arrows.
- TRAIL RUN: 4 miles. The trail run is almost entirely on single track trails, some of which are very technical. A good portion of the trail run will follow the Ridge Top Trail, located to the south of the beach parking areas. Terrain is rolling and typical of western Pennsylvania. The run course will be marked with the RED XTERRA arrows.
- OTHER INFO: The location of the START/FINISH/TRANSITION will be announced before the race. There will be an aid station located here with water and Gatorade. Gatorade will provide product, including bike bottles full of Gatorade for the bike course. Additionally, there is plenty of parking, hot showers, a food concession, picnic tables, the beach, play grounds for small children, boat rentals, and pretty much anything that you could need for a day of family fun.
- PRIZES:All registered competitors are eligible to win over $3,000 in prizes, including a new mountain bike sponsored by ShopAdventureSports.com. The winning male and female overall champion will receive an engraved SOG knife from American Adventure Sports.
- FOOD: Two slices of pizza will be provided for each participant after the race. Extra pizza will be available for participants and families to purchase for $1 a slice.
- LODGING OPTIONS: There are numerous hotels in the Indiana Area. Click HERE for a list lodging options.
- WETSUITS: USAT Series Rules apply. All Events Series will follow wetsuit guidelines set forth by USA Triathlon. Those guidelines state
- USAT rules state that competitors may wear wetsuits if the water temperature is 78 degrees or lower.
- USAT rules also state that if the water temperature is between 78.1 - 83.9 degrees, competitors may wear wetsuits but will not be eligible for awards.
- If the water temperature is 84 degrees or above, participants may not wear wetsuits.
- If the water temperature is 78 degrees or lower everyone will receive series scoring points.
- If the water temperature is between 78.1 - 83.9 degrees and you elect to wear a wetsuit, you will officially receive "0" points for that event. The event will count towards the minimum number of required events to become eligible for awards.
- If the water temperature is 84 degrees or higher, no one may wear wetsuits and everyone will receive series scoring points.
- MAP: download a PDF of the XTERRA Map HERE. Please remember that the Trout Club is private property and only open during the race. The rest is free game.
FREE KIDS TRIATHLON INFO:
At American Adventure Sports, we encourage children to stay active and enjoy the outdoors. Bring your little triathlete to participate in a FREE triathlon and gain an invaluable sense of accomplishment. No training required; this triathlon is appropriate for children of all fitness levels.
The FREE AAS Kids Triathlon starts at 10 AM. Race day registration only; please register by 9:30 AM. All children will receive a free race shirt donated by Fast Times Screen printing and free pizza donated by Coy's Pizza. Additionally, all children are eligible for several prizes including children's Camelbak hydration packs, shirts and bottles from Gingerbread Running Co., and more!AGE GROUPS: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12
|AGES 5- TO 8-YEARS OLD:||Swim: 100 yards|
|Bike: 1/4 mile|
|Run: 200 meters|
|AGES 9- TO 12-YEARS OLD:||Swim: 200 yards|
|Bike: 1/2 mile|
Run: 1/4 mile